Saturday, October 29, 2011

Haiti- October 2011 :)

Okay. Woo. Haven't blogged in foreverr. Sorry everyone! But Thursday night I got back from haittii! as all of you already know that. Anywhoo. It was an amazing time! Sunday we woke up at 3:15 am. But I only got two hours of sleep because I was just too excited. We went from Pittsbugh to Miami. and Miami to Haiti. We get to Haiti, and its the same old thing. When we walk out of the airport though, we are completely mobbed my guys trying to get our bags.  I mean they were just ripping it out of my hands. Finally, Big came. (he is the one that helps us everytime. Nobody messes with him:p) He scared of everyone and we were on our way. We get into the parking lot, and the van pulls up. And theres Lorvens! sitting all cute by himself. I climb into the van and we all say hello. He is always quiet at first, but eventuallly he comes out of his shell. We get back to the hotel and all the other families are there. Its like a party! We spend the rest of the day with Lorvens, and go swimming and other fun things. He was in a great mood the whole day. :) And at night, oh my did he get crazy like always. But when it was time to go to bed, he actually went to sleep! No fussing, no crying, no nothing! it was great! On Monday, it was another fun filled day. We went swimming, and Lorvens had a great time. And after dinner, it was his birthday party! And celines! I can't believe he is almost four already! the cake was actually good, and everyone had a great time. But. Pierre came. and he was going to talk with each family and tell them whhere they were in the adoption process. Mandy came up and told us she was out of IBSER. Which is what we were in too. Its a huge step in the adoption process and once you get out of it, its about five months until you can finally bring home your little kid. Mandy also went into IBSER after we did. So I was so sure we were out. She also through another step after that and was flying through the process. I was so happy. We finally get to Pierre, and I'm waiting to get the great news, and bam. The horrendous words come out of his mouth,  "Your paperwork is still in IBSER" I lost it. Thinking, this isn't fair. We shouldve been out forever ago. Why is this happening. But I couldn't react. I had to sit there nicely and wait until he was done talking. But as soon as he was done, I just went off crying. Why. why. why. Why can't my little brother be home? I knew, its Gods timing and blah blah blah. But at that point and time, I thought God was wrong. And his timing sucked. But eventually I got over it, and I know God has perfect timing and Lorvens will be home when God wants him to be. Right after I had calmed down, I heard, the Sunvalls are out too! But i kept my cool, and was happy for them. But we did have some good news. We already have the presidental dispensation, which is the hardest part of getting out of IBSER. So, we should be out soon. So it was a good/bad but good day. Tuesday was a very fun day. We went to the beach! But the two hour car ride, was not fun. Sophna got car sick and threw up many times. And I ended up with Sophinia on my lap, and we were both sweating to death. All of us in one van makes it super hot. But we finally arrived and it was a full out resort. I didn't think they had nice things like that in Haiti! But they did. When we got there, we went straight to the beach. And Lorvens had a good time! he liked standing at the edge and splashing the water. Then we went to the pool, and he had a great time because he could actually stand in this one part and play and he loved it! He is actually starting to swim almost all by him self! Then we decided to eat, and I guess Lorvens was very hungry. He kept shouting, "manje, manje, manje!" Which means,,,"food food food!" he ate almost all of my hotdog, and a ton of fries, and still wanted more! Then we kept swimming and had a very good day. As we were getting ready to leave, I was holding sophna, and bam. She pooped on my arm. It was gross. But it got cleaned up, and everything was finee. On the ride home, no one threw up! But some creepy guys kept waving at me and getting super close to the van. It was kinda scary, but I just turned away and it was fine. We got back to the hotel and played and had a good day. Wednesdayyyy. The last day with Lorvens. ugh. and I was sick! But we still had a very good time. Before I knew it, it was time to go to the orphange, and drop him off. We get there, and he takes us to his room. Which is barely a room. Its probably smaller than your bedroom, with a few bunks all smushed together. And a little place to go the bathroom. Its basically a little indent in the wall with a hole in the ground. and thats it. no door or anything. Then it was time to go. Oh no. I cried, as always, not knowing when I would see him again. But a nanny kissed my mom on the cheek, and let us know she will be taking good care of him. We loaded back into the van, puffy eyes and dried tears, and went back to the hotel. We actually had a very good time at dinner and then it was time to go pack. When we were packing, out of nowhere this little red cross appears. And it said Jesus Christ is lord. Now we have no idea where that came from. Well it was from God letting us know that everything is going to be okay and he will always be here. and then we got up and came back to America! And that was my wonderful trip to Haiti :) And I cant wait to go back and bring home my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment